Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some insight about lift heights. I am currently leveled running 285/75/16. My problem is when I am anywhere from half to full cranked in a turn and the front end starts to articulate; the tires rub severely on the back of the fender liner. The wheels are 16X8 MB Razors with a -6 offset, and I am not sure of the backspace (going to guess somewhere 2"-4"). Currently I do not plan on going to a larger tire, as the ones I'm running have only 7000 miles on them. I know if I go to a 4" lift I basically cannot go larger, and if I go with a 6" lift and can go to 35's. So my question is...Do you think the truck would look akward with a 6" lift and 285's. Lifts that I am contiplating are Cognito 4-6", RCD 6", and a Skyjacker 6". Also, should I go with the spacer block or go with new springs? Wishing I had lifted it in the first place. :drink

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had seen that earlier. Wish you had some shots from the sides to see the spacing between the tires and top of the wheel wells. I was just wondering what 285's would look like with a 6" lift.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
this is the best i've got bud, wasn't too overly concerned getting pics with those tires since it looked so funny lol

this pic is with just the rear 4" blocks in

and here's the closest angle i have after it was completed. On 265's again however..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I appreciate it.:thumb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts