Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,i'm looking at an '07 cc,4x4,allison,duramax 2500 classic at a local dealership.i don't know anything about these trucks.could you guys point me toward some good threads,or give me the run down on the pro's and con's of these trucks?

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have an 07 classic. Bought it in January this year. Pros I would say the hp and torque straight from the factory are awsome. The ally with 6 spd is good, it also has the manual selection which is really good you are going to tow, or haul anything. Especially if you live in an area that is hills or has mountains. It is the last good looking body style (my personal opinion). Can make huge numbers in hp and torque. Don't have the restrictions with the new body style's dmax the lmm with the particulate filter, and regeneration mode, and all the other limitations with that setup to meet emissions. I have reprogrammed, straight piped my truck. I am amazed by the power it has, and there is soo much more that can be achieved. I have not ran into any cons yet. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i have a 06 LBZ witch is the same truck as the 07 and i have put 60k miles on there since a year ago when i bought it brand new and have never has seen the inside of a mechanics garage so all i can say is go for it..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a 06 LBZ witch is the same truck as the 07 and i have put 60k miles on there since a year ago when i bought it brand new and have never has seen the inside of a mechanics garage so all i can say is go for it..
cool! i'm going tomorrow to see what kind of deal i can make on it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how does the lbz compare to the lly and lb7 (mileage and power,etc.) i still have'nt ruled out getting a low mileage used truck

·
Registered
121 Posts
i dont know much about the lly but the lbz is a more powerful version. also for the lmm, it has 5 more hp and 10 more tq then the lbz. also the lmm has better emissions. i have an lbz and i love it.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the LBZ's with the 6speed auto tranny is the cats meow but i have heard say the best mpg duramax is the LB7 but they haven't proved that..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i got my truck!!!!! it's a white 07 classic 2500 cc 4x4 allison lt3 package.i drove it all around town tonight

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i guess i need to change my sig

·
Registered
699 Posts
congrats, you own a real truck now!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts