Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gettin paid tomorow boyz a 3300 check thats took two weeks to earn.

i wanna buy the jesse james lawless rims, thinkin bout the 18x9s.
the recomended tire size is 285s im just wondering if this set up will work on stock ride height. trucks bumpers barley there anymore do to aftermarket one i doubt there will be any rubbing issues

can i go with 20's on stock ride height ?

thanks for any help and or pics really appreicate it

·
Registered
263 Posts
put the money in your pocket. lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah bro cant do it i work 11 days straight at 15 hrs a day at a time on the rigs gotta treat myself and i need some help

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
You only work 11 day hitches man? When I was a driller for Rowan we worked 14 on 14 off. I'm a DD now for Weatherford. I say you get them wheels man..... some black ones. No pun intended

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
And you should be able to do 20's just not with a whole of meat on em.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah bro 11 on 3 off so its basically 22 on 6 off I'm rough neckin it tho
I wanna go with 20's if I could cuz I hate big tires and small rims
What size of tires u think I would be able to run and of course they
Gunna be black my trucks gunna be a black on black crime lmao

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
You only work 11 day hitches man? When I was a driller for Rowan we worked 14 on 14 off. I'm a DD now for Weatherford. I say you get them wheels man..... some black ones. No pun intended
They work different hitches in Canada bro, gotta get in all you can before the spring break right?

Save your money, screw getting wheels and get a built trans, you'll thank me later.

Ohh and Mud Engineer here

·
Registered
897 Posts
20's will fit, with some cranks of the bars and some trimming (NorCal Nick's Large fender mod) My truck has 305/55R20s on Novakanes and they fit just fine.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aight thanks fire fighter . Mud doc your right we do work different hitches we work as much as we can before april cuz the mud in the spring is to much to move the rigs and what not I will get a trans in time I'm ddealing with the outside first aint messin with drive train for a bit here got 1 year warrenty left on this c u next tuesday so aint going that route just yet but I appreciate the help and opinions guys keep em coming

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I wonder how much oil field trash is on this site....
Yeah, I drilled a few holes up in Canada last year.... not gonna lie... It was WAY too cold.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Y'all hiring man? I wouldn't mind getting into the mud business.

They work different hitches in Canada bro, gotta get in all you can before the spring break right?

Save your money, screw getting wheels and get a built trans, you'll thank me later.

Ohh and Mud Engineer here

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
It's tough to get in right now unless you take a HUGE pay cut and go with a Major like M-I, Baker or Halliburton.

If you are DD'in I would stick with that and go consulting as a company man in a few years, Weatherford has a mud company too, should you want to get into the mud business it would likely be easier to just cross over.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Yeah, I'm still unsure. Being a DD I have no schedule. Wouldn't mind changing that. I've been with Weatherford for 4 years and I'm tired of the BS. I like the money of the field but I'm thinking of becoming a drilling engineer.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Damn, only $3300 for 11 days at 15 hours a day? We work 8's (When i used to be ble to work) and took home way more than that everywo weeks, and i was also roughneckin. We also worked non stop every day we could. 60, 70, 90, etc days straight without day off here.
Course, thats before i was injuried.

OP, you should be able to do 285/55/20's with a little trimming and a little crank on the T-Bar's.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Yeah, I'm still unsure. Being a DD I have no schedule. Wouldn't mind changing that. I've been with Weatherford for 4 years and I'm tired of the BS. I like the money of the field but I'm thinking of becoming a drilling engineer.
Yeah I am trying to get on with EOG as a Drilling Consultant (co-man) but its slow to get on, I imagine maybe in the future it will happen, but until then I will continue runnin mud.

I can't blame you on the schedule part, that is what drove me away from wanting anything to do with the Directional field, I like my even time.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
caodc canadas gay bullshit only allows us to work 14 hr days now and that includes driving and i have to do three hrs a day of driving and you dont get paid ot for drivinng so id say its pretty decent and that was 8 days suposed to work 11 but got shut down cuz of snubbers and there pussy tongs not working 11 day shift i pull usually right around 4grand after tax

but i went ahead and bought fuel hostages 20x 10 with a neg 12 offset hopin these sun of guns fit tho ?????

·
Registered
813 Posts
yes they will fit. I had 20x10 with a neg 24 offset which actually stuck out further and as long as you do NorCal Nick's Large fender mod and have a leveling kit or cranked torsion bars, you should be good. I only had the torsions cranked on mine and 285/55 nitto dune grapplers and they rubbed right where the fender mod would fix the rub problem. Depending on what tire size you get, you will just have to see if it rubs or not. Just remember if you crank your torsion bars to lift up the side you are doing it on with a car lift, jack, etc to relieve pressure and crank them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
:drinkOil field trash here too. If your wanting to get into oil field go to North Dakota. It's booming up there for right now. Good time to get some money stacked up. Cold but it's not as bad as everybody says it is. Surely DD's make more money than rouchnecks anyways.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Do it 20s and 305s but I vote do the Cognito UCA setup with this check then next check get the new shoes.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Opps just noticed you said you boughts some. Still I say hollar at Nick about a Cognito UCA setup before you mount em up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts