Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am buying a new GMC 2500HD Crew cab 4x4 and need help deciding on whether to get an 06 or 07 Classic. They are both LBZ 360 HP Duramax's. I am getting rid of a 04 d-ram 2500 Cummins. As far as I can see the only difference between the 06's and the 07 classics is the warranty. The 06 covers the engine and trans and the 07 covers the entire powertrain. Given the number of unserviceable ujoints on a 4x4 truck these days I figure with labor they could cost me $2500-3500 to replace them all and this could likly be in the first 100K miles. the difference in price between a comparable 06 and 07 is about 2k. Also, the 07 is a year newer when I go to get rid of it down the road. What do you guys think. 06 or 07?

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like a win win deal to me. I just bought an 07 3500 dually listed at44,000 + they priced it to me at 38,400 and ended up coming down to 37,000. Maybe you should offer them 06 money for the 07 stick to your guns and see what happens, don't be afraid to mention what you can buy a Dodge for and act like you really don't care what you buy. (It worked for me) And also just tune them out when they start all the invoice talk, just say I don't understand all that, I only know what the competition is selling for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should have mentioned

I should have mentioned that I am going to get supplier price, so no number games need to be played. Basically, supplier is $300-400 below invoice minus current rebates ($,1000 for 07 and $2,500 for 06), then minus another $500 off for a supplier promo until jan. 2
-B

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like you are on top of the numbers. My suggestioin FWIW if you find what you are looking for in an 06 go for it unless you feel your style of driving might be a bit hard on the rear part of the drive train. One more consideration, unless this is a tax decision, is that the chances of the rebates going up Jan. 2 is probably a lot higher than them going down with all the competition that appears on the horizon in the truck market including GM's redesign of the 2500 and 3500 line which I understand will be early 07. At some point there may be some real bargains on the last of the classics if one feels like waiting a bit longer. Of course the flip side is the emissions issue but now I am rambling. Good luck with whatever you do.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
I'd say 07 classic LBZ while you can still get them. :cool: Your right a truck a year newer will get more money when you sell it years from now might. Other than the year theres no difference till trucks made 1-1-2007 and on.

I say the same thing about Dodge with Cummins. Cummins is one hell of a unstopable motor. Unlike chevy the Cummins can be put into 3 dodge shells before it needs rebuilt.

Welcome to the good side. :rockin

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should have posted this sooner, but I got the 07 Classic. Thanks for all the good will.

Brian

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't believe 30K miles already... I'll have more pics soon when I swap out the tires and wheels with a set of LLM Alloys and Toyo M55 270/65/17's

Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts