Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a great deal on a 6" lift for my 01 gmc but i have the longbed extended cab and cant find pics of any trucks with just the 6" lift and 35s or 33s. my plan was to lift it and put the stock hummer rim and tire combo on it. but im worried b/c i use the truck to plow and tow a lawn trailer that it will make it impractical to work with (turning radius) so any one with feed back and pics much appriciated. i have the truck leveled right now and like it but bigger is always better unless it interfers with making the $.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a crewcab 03 with a 6" RCD lift (short bed though) I'm running 315 75 16. I'll try to get some pics posted. not sure if this helps or not

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have an 05 crew cab long bed with a 6" on 35's, I know it's not the same body style but I figured a pic might help sway you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Plowing with a 6" lift and 35s is not the greatest idea, either the plow won't sit right, or you'll have to lower the brackets and have one ugly ass plow bracket that hang low as hell and won't be as sturdy as it was before. And I doubt plowing with a 315 wide tire would be any fun at all with the traction on ice, and the wear and tear of plowing with that large of a tire.

Towing it's that big of a deal, just find the right size drop hitch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the pics if any one else has anymore of the same set up please send them. by the way how bad is the turning radius on ur truck with the lift?

·
Registered
424 Posts
The turning radius is fine. Trimmed a little but not much and I don't rub at all.

·
Registered
742 Posts
heres my '02 with a 6 inch and 35s

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks again for the pics and feed back. the kid im getting it from said he had no problem helping me put it in and if i like it i pay him if i dont i give it back thought that was a pretty good deal. :)

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah after seeing the pics i think im going to just get the 1500 keys and stuff some 35s with hummer rims thanks for the help though. also the ats chip and intake coming this week. already striaght piped it cant wait for the tuner espcially after dropping $3600 in tranny work after frying 4th gear now it will hold 600hp and 1000fp

·
Registered
347 Posts
After doing a couple sky jacker kits and recently doing a Procomp A arm drop kit. There is no comparison the procomp suspension is built for a beating and for a long time! Excellent product in my opinion and not changing the spindles is nice, turning radius remains stock and your wheels don't stick out a mile past the body the track width remains stock!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i would if i had the money but the only reason i even was thinking about it was b/c my buddy offered me the 6" lift with shocks for $500. still think i might throw it on and see if i can find the time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts