Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says.

I am going to get to the first oil change and want to start ordering parts. As best I can tell, here is what we know so far:

- HP is on the only option and the tuners like MotorOps and PPEI are the two in respected folks when it comes to non-emissions tuning
- EZ Link does not appear to be developing anything at this point based on my discussions with someone at their office
- L5P can make some decent power (about 600HP) with a delete and tune. Above that, it starts to run hot and needs compounds
- Werhli Fab makes all the good hard parts for this thing in terms of piping and EGR "fixes"
- Supposedly this thing wants a converter at 1400 ft/lbs and if you are running it hard...budget for a tranny
- Flo Pro is supposedly the only exhaust game (except totally custom) option in a deleted capacity

Questions:
- Are there fueling upgrades that are required (i.e. additional lift pump and air separation for a cleaner fuel stream)
- On a non performance front...are their better fuel filter options as well as a heated option? We don't get that cold here...but it was an issue once for me when I had like a 1/4 tank and it went into limp mode on me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
bump

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far as tuners, be careful of what you program your truck with. I have tried educating myself as much as possible on these L5P trucks, and I’m quite Leary of PPEI units due to the ECM unlocking. MotorOps has quite the disclaimer on their site regarding the PPEI tune. I order the Banks tune, which isn’t adding near the power as Banks but I believe its well engineered and isn’t nearly the risk in my opinion.
Werhli Fab has the best piping in my opinion. Looks great and its engineered tough!
The biggest disappointment for me is the exhaust situation. $500 to basically add a fancy tip....uggh nah... intake, tune, and pump are all these trucks need. IMO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts