Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my guage cluster off to clean some crap out from under the glass. I put it back together and the DIC display and radio display will not light up. The guages work, steering wheel controls work and radio works, but there is no display on the DIC or radio. It threw two code but I read them and erased them and now can't remember what they were. Anyone know how to fix this?

·
born country
2,427 Posts
check the fuses for them. there is a radio fuse that i think may control the DIC also but not 100% sure.

that's where i'd start.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Anyone else have this problem?

Was vacuuming the truck out and hopped back in and none of my lights work. (DIC, Radio, and HVAC). Everything still works just the display doesn't light up.

Checked all my fuses and can't figure it out. Also checked the harness' under the seats to make sure I didn't hit anything with the vacuum. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Anyone else have this problem?

Was vacuuming the truck out and hopped back in and none of my lights work. (DIC, Radio, and HVAC). Everything still works just the display doesn't light up.

Checked all my fuses and can't figure it out. Also checked the harness' under the seats to make sure I didn't hit anything with the vacuum. Any ideas?

if its the 06 in your sig they are notorious for the PRNDL going out in the dash. usually can be repaired by re-melting the damaged solder contacts in the cluster. after X many heat cycles the solder cracks and breaks away from the board, warm it up, dab a little new solder on and it will probably work again.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Fixed it. Not really fixed but resolved haha.

My dome switch got switched down lol.
I feel like an idiot.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Been there. Exact same thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have similar issue. My radio turns on, but the display turns off and you can’t see anything. From time to time it’ll come on and stay on then turn off🤷🏽‍♂️

1 - 7 of 7 Posts