Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I had noticed my seal from my driveshaft into my transfer case starting to leak. Nothing big yet so i left it. Today i was driving and there was a vibration at all speed and if i accelerated. not a big vibration but enough to piss a guy off. Got home from work checked the whole front end nothing wrong there. Checked this seal and it was starting to get worse. Checked u-joints by doing wiggle test no play. Jacked the back end up and put the truck in drive and it looks like my driveshaft is bent, it wobbles up and down. I have absolutly no clue how i could have bent it and dont believe it is bent but my question for you is if i have a siezed u joint will it make it look bent? Im going to take the driveshaft off on fri but i just want to know if anyone else has had this problem.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Haven't had that problem my self, but a bent driveshaft seems EXTREMELY unlikely unless your doing some major off-roading. Probably just a bad u-joint. The drive shaft will look bent since it is not moving the way it should (if the u-joint is frozen then it will stay in one spot and not spin straight). Once you take it down you'll be able to tell which one it is.
I would fix the seal though cause if the fluid gets to low, and you put it in
4X4, that could bad news for the transfer case.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Wild guess but I think your seal is getting bad because you have a bad U joint. See if one U joint is locked up it wont spin right pushing on the sides of the seal instead of going straight in like it is suppose to.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats kind of what i thought i just wanted to make sure thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts