Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I replaced my driveshaft carrier bearing because I was getting alot of vibration when slowing down, well it still vibrates. The only thing I can think of is I put the bearing on backwards because i had the metal sleeve that
Goes over the rubber off which has a directional arrow but I could have put it on the opposite way. Can Anyone show me a picture of which way should be pressed on towards the front of the driveshaft ? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Today I replaced my driveshaft carrier bearing because I was getting alot of vibration when slowing down, well it still vibrates. The only thing I can think of is I put the bearing on backwards because i had the metal sleeve that
Goes over the rubber off which has a directional arrow but I could have put it on the opposite way. Can Anyone show me a picture of which way should be pressed on towards the front of the driveshaft ? Thanks in advance
I dont have a picture handy, but that metal ring that is molded into the rubber needs to point backwards.

You may just need a rebalance or you may have some other worn parts. The slip joint in the center could be work.

Also, the brand of parts you used could be your issue. There are not a couple of center bearings on the market for these trucks that look like OEM but are in reality chinese trash. Ive been knocking out brand new Precision brand (napa and reboxed by some other companies as well) U-joints faster than other shops can install them, mostly because they are loose when they are new.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts