Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im new to this forum. i actually registered here because i was unable to get help with this from the other forum. the u-clamps that hold the u-joint to the the rear yoke decided that they were not good enough to be on my truck while i was on the way to work today. the good news is i happen to be a maint. machinist/fabricator so i can make some new fancy ones outta some 4140 but in order to do that i need the specs. but my truck is 20 miles away. what i need is the diameter of the u-joint end and the center to center of the two bolts that hold the clamp. if anyone knows these, or knows where i can get them it would be VERY helpful. thank-you! good to be here

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
hello im new to this forum. i actually registered here because i was unable to get help with this from the other forum. the u-clamps that hold the u-joint to the the rear yoke decided that they were not good enough to be on my truck while i was on the way to work today. the good news is i happen to be a maint. machinist/fabricator so i can make some new fancy ones outta some 4140 but in order to do that i need the specs. but my truck is 20 miles away. what i need is the diameter of the u-joint end and the center to center of the two bolts that hold the clamp. if anyone knows these, or knows where i can get them it would be VERY helpful. thank-you! good to be here
If you still need tomorrow, I can crawl under my rig and measure for you. Right now it's cold and dark outside and warm and cozy inside:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts