Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a mbrp 5" straight pipe and I need to know what tube to cut the bent piece that connects to the front pipe or the extention pipe with couplers on both ends? I'm leaning towards the bent tube but let me know asap.

Left my instructions at home. Good place for them eh.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ec/sb. That's what in was planning on cutting but it has couplers on both ends so I would have to weld it after I cut it to size.

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
Cut approx. 9 1/2" off of the piece that hooks to the front pipe

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
K thanks guys. Yeah I'll double check but I'm almost positive it has a coupler on both sides.

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
Yes muffler delete pipe is flared on both ends. You will not cut it and you will not use the short 18" piece if iirc.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hell if I know. Is every piece used in the install? The muff delete is the long pipe with couplers on both ends?? And the extension is bout a foot with one coupler???

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
no the muffler delete pipe should be about 31 inches
and the extension is about 18 inches

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
Yes kman u are correct do not use the short piece and do not cut the muffler delete pipe, cut the piece that hooks to the front pipe. I have my old instructions in front of me lol

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
make sure you dont cut to much otherwise then you will have to use extention pipe

·
Registered
213 Posts
arent there instructions on the mbrp site??

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Take pics of what you have and we can help better.....way I look at it, is if you have a piece of the exhaust that is NOT flared on the end, cut that......only ends that matter are the flared ends.. Me personally, I cut my muffler delete in the middle and welded it back together.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no the muffler delete pipe should be about 31 inches
and the extension is about 18 inches
Sorry I tried to edit my post quick. Haha ya the site is no use to me I tried on my iPhone with no luck.

So it goes like this. Front pipe small pipe bent pipe long pipe tail??? And cut 9 1/2 inches out of the small pipe conected to the front pipe???

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
idk i dont have instrucstions for short beds. im going by what i can try and remember lol

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I got it visualized in my head but I'm at work now. I was tryin to put the bent pipe into the front pipe and got it. That's how it is now. I dint have my inst so I figured both long pipe and short were just extension to use as needed. We cut about 1-2 inches off the bent pipe to get it to fit that way. Don't ask. But it was a b. F me runnin. I will get it tonight. I hope that cut won't effect me. I just looked and it still looks doable.

Lesson learned # 2,347 - read instructions well and don't do dumb stuff. Haha

the bent extension pipe hangs low under the cross member is that how they are or should it be to the side of it? Pics would help guys just wanna make sure I'm on the right track.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts