Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday evening I put on the Extreme Power Puck on my 11'. Everything seemed to be working great through all gears and throttle positions.

This morning I was leaving to go to my sons soccer game and leaving from a stop sign the truck started to cut out. I then let off and it stopped but then got back into the throttle and it started to cut out even harder. So I then turned it to the off position and everything seemed to work fine. Then turned it up halfway and tried giving it some throttle and seemed fine until I would lay into it. Then It would fall on its face and lose all power almost as if it was losing fuel. I tried leaving from a stop sign and various speeds to see where it was doing it most and it always got worse the more throttle I gave it until eventually it would cut out completely and fall on its face with no power. So far I have not seen any codes and the only time it would quit is if the puck was in the off postion. Any other position would still cause it to cut out.

Any ideas or suggestions?:help

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have no ideas, but I'd sure hate to have a puck on my truck and end up needing warranty work because of it. Hope ya figure it out and it's nothing major!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Get rid of the puck for awhile.:D

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Get rid of the puck for awhile.:D
I agree and you need to get rid of that laramie mr.:neener

I'm assuming you still have all the emissions crap intact on the truck?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sounds like you are losing rail pressure. change your fuel filter 1st.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yesterday evening I put on the Extreme Power Puck on my 11'. Everything seemed to be working great through all gears and throttle positions.

This morning I was leaving to go to my sons soccer game and leaving from a stop sign the truck started to cut out. I then let off and it stopped but then got back into the throttle and it started to cut out even harder. So I then turned it to the off position and everything seemed to work fine. Then turned it up halfway and tried giving it some throttle and seemed fine until I would lay into it. Then It would fall on its face and lose all power almost as if it was losing fuel. I tried leaving from a stop sign and various speeds to see where it was doing it most and it always got worse the more throttle I gave it until eventually it would cut out completely and fall on its face with no power. So far I have not seen any codes and the only time it would quit is if the puck was in the off postion. Any other position would still cause it to cut out.

Any ideas or suggestions?:help
See if it throws a code, if not, try unplugging the power level knob and make sure there is no issue with the knob disconnected but the rest of the puck hooked up.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See if it throws a code, if not, try unplugging the power level knob and make sure there is no issue with the knob disconnected but the rest of the puck hooked up.
I disconnected it and hooked it all back up and double checked everything. Now it is telling me I need to change my fuel filter. The truck only has a little over 5k miles and before it said that it stated there was 46% life left. Yes I know they arent that accurate but I have ran a fuel filter on every other truck atleast every other oil change before it ever needed to be changed and never ran into any issues. It seems to do it the worst when it is turned up 75%+ and it will just completely lose power and fall on its face. I have not received any codes or check engine lights yet. It feels like it is loosing fuel pressure and seems to do it more often when the tires spin even with the traction control off. It is not the normal shut down that traction control does where it limits power but it will completely lose power instantly and have nothing until I let off. Would a shim kit help?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I agree and you need to get rid of that laramie mr.:neener
If you are refering to my 2010 Laramie, it was gladly traded on my 2011 Dmax.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I disconnected it and hooked it all back up and double checked everything. Now it is telling me I need to change my fuel filter. The truck only has a little over 5k miles and before it said that it stated there was 46% life left. Yes I know they arent that accurate but I have ran a fuel filter on every other truck atleast every other oil change before it ever needed to be changed and never ran into any issues. It seems to do it the worst when it is turned up 75%+ and it will just completely lose power and fall on its face. I have not received any codes or check engine lights yet. It feels like it is loosing fuel pressure and seems to do it more often when the tires spin even with the traction control off. It is not the normal shut down that traction control does where it limits power but it will completely lose power instantly and have nothing until I let off. Would a shim kit help?
I have the same exact issue. I turned it down to 75% ish and it seems significantly better. I feel it is the rail pressure as well but have no way to monitor it yet so not sure. If this is the case we can only Hope the cp4.2 mods come out soon as it seems the lml is rather weak sauce in that department.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I have a power puck and i had it turned up all the way and same as you, when accelerating hard from a stop it cut out, i had to let go and ease into it. Starting to think cheap HP wasnt so great. I'm going to change the fuel filter and give it a beating, tell ya how it reacts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same problem. Did replacing the fuel filter help out? I am going to call diablo tomorrow too. If I keep it turned down under 75% it seems to do fine just you have said. Also why does the kit come with a fuel shim kit and where did you guys mount the control knob? I was thinking of putting it out of sight under the dash, where black plastic is, near the center.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I ended up not changing my fuel filter it still had 79% life. I left the knob under the hood. I left it at 75% and it works ok.

·
Registered
225 Posts
There is something wrong with the pucks. My local performance shop has had 2 in and both do the same thing. Both got sent back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ya I have been running it today at about seventy percent. I also had a weird shutter today that felt like the torque converter lockup shutter. I called diablo today and they said they aware of the problem and may have a solution in a week or so. I suggested that maybe they have the puck itself turned up to far and he said that it is likely that the fix will be just to turn the whole system down a bit. Just a side question, did any of your control knobs come with a indicator dial? Also with this system is the fuel mileage on the dic going to be inaccurate now?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you all had any solutions to this yet? Seems several people are having the same issues. It caused my fuel filter sensor to go from 76% to 0% and said it needed to be changed so I did and still did not notice a difference. If I run it at 75% it runs alrite unless I get into it hard. Also is the shim kit mandatory to install with the puck?

·
Registered
97 Posts
If I were you I would ditch that power puck and call up H&S and order a mini maxx. I have 15,000 miles on my truck and I put it In right when I hit 1000 miles. I love it, and there are 3 levels for those of you who want to leave your DEF and DPF. JMO!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 17 of 17 Posts