Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys. Im new to this forum and right now i do not own a duramax but i hope to own one soon. What i would like is a lbz. My question is is there any difference between the 06 lbz and the 07 lbz? Does the 07 have to run on the ultra low sulfur diesel? If it does than id rather have an 06 but if it doesnt than id take an 07 because its newer. Also is there any other differences between them such as anything in the aftermarket. thanks.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the LBZ is all the same from 06 thru 07,the way to tell witch engine you have is in the vin # starting from the beinning the 8th didgit if it is a,1=LB7 01 thru 04,2=LLY 04.5 thru 05,3=LLY 06,D=LBZ 06 thru 07..the 07 LBZ has the same programmers and other toys as the 06 LBZ..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Does anybody know of a place where there might be some 06 or 07s still farely new?

·
Registered
36 Posts
low sulfur is only an emisson scam. Higher sulfur diesel will not hurt any diesel engine in fact it provides more lubricant.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i live in corpus christi TX, its about 2 hrs from san antonio

·
Registered
484 Posts
You could start by checking out Ebay, there is a ton of Dmax's on there in Texas.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just bought a new 06 here in Savannah Ga. Coastal Chevy still has some 06's with some good rebates. Thay want them gone :)
YEA thats exactly what id like to find. Yours was brand new? And did they have more?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea thats what i want to find but i think georgia might be a little far for me. I wonder if i could go to a dealer or someone and ask if they know of a dealer with some 06 or 07s still left around like in texas. Theres gotta be some more left at dealers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts