Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help:help:help:help i just took the dash apart under the radio in front of the center consol and the guy who had the truck befor me gutted the inside of the dash and cut everything out. look liek he installed a aftermarket stereo under the stock on in the one cubby hole but im not sure cause im not seeing any wires. my two rear speakers are inop and there is wires, ect for subs he had in the back he cut out his system befor he traded in the truck so if the guy who is reading this pleace helpe and let me knwo what you did so i know how to fix it. if not any advice would be greatly appretiated

·
Registered
117 Posts
he may have had to do that for a stereo or some kind of cell phone booster i have seen weird things with that

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
he prob mounted either disc changer or an amp in there.....either way bad idea.

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
Nah he had an aftermarket deck in there. No changer or cell booster. And amp would never fit in there. He said it's wired for the subs and stuff. You gotta cut the wires especially with onstar For an aftermarket and install a harness which sounds like he cut out and rigged it just before he got rid of it. The wires shod be back in there somewhere for the rears.

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
Sound like you may have to chase the reAr wires if you can't see em back there. Should be able to find the speaker wires and follow them back best you can from the speaker Or go ahead and rewire the speakers.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think he cut the wires back by the driverside rear corner cause thats where the wires for the subs he had goto, i just took the seat out but i dont have any torq on me right now so i got the seat out ill be able to rip it apart tommarow at work to see if thats what he did but as far as the dash i have no freaking idea what he did he stuffed a block of wood cover in felt in the hole to hide the hole in the dash hahaha:rof

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i found the breaks and i repaired them. he cut the wires where they go into the doors inside the pillars...... the basterd:rof speakers working and even installed a red led light bar under the bench seat looks pretty kewl IMO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts