Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:helpi have a 2005 duramax last wed i was driving i looked down and my temp was at 250 i stoped and checked it out lower hose was cold as ice top hose was 215 according to my infared temp gun a month earlier i changed the water pump and all has been great ,so i changed the thermostats oem still same prob vacumed the cooling system down and filled the coolant when idling truck is 210 and will stay there all day i also changed the temp sender and the fan clutch i have no heat and when driving full throttle or under load i start to over heat i cannot figure it out and is starting to make me mad today i pulled the heater core hose off the egr cooler and i had no flow do u think mayby the pos water pump from pep boys impeller came off please help

thanks anthony

·
DIESEL MANIAC!!!
1,222 Posts
or bad thermostats. if you have flow, it can't be the waterpump. i would recheck the thermostats

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i changer thermostats with oem and i do not have flow when i pullet the heater core line it dribbled out and my lower hose is 75 degrees upper hose 202 degrees

·
DIESEL MANIAC!!!
1,222 Posts
could be waterpump, but i know when i lost heat in my cab it was because my thermostats weren't opening

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Sounds like you have a rear thermostat in the front thermostat housing
I was thinking the same thing but I thought I heard this was impossible to do cause they wont line up?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
I would pull the thermostats -- fill with water-- start the engine and check for flow-- that would tell if the pump was working right!

It does sounds like the Pump!

·
Registered
542 Posts
i changer thermostats with oem and i do not have flow when i pullet the heater core line it dribbled out and my lower hose is 75 degrees upper hose 202 degrees
Make sure you have all the air out of the system before you start replacing part$

To bleed it, fill the reservoir and leave the cap off

Then:
3,000 rpm for 30 seconds
idle for 30 sec
3,000 rpm for 30 sec
idle for 30 sec and so on
keep repeating until it reaches operating temperature.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i pulled the waterpump today the fing impeller fell off pep boys sucks im goin oem my housing is scarred should i replace i dont want it to cavitate

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have a vaccume bleeder so i should not have air thanks everyone for the input

·
Registered
542 Posts
i pulled the waterpump today the fing impeller fell off pep boys sucks im goin oem my housing is scarred should i replace i dont want it to cavitate
Can you post a photo of the housing, may be able to tell if it is serviceable
OEM is $$$$$ compared to NAPA or Autozone new or remans. NAPA reman from the online store is $90 +/-

·
Registered
90 Posts
When my water pump on my 2003 went out, I took it to the dealer and paid $797. Now, they warranty it for the lifetime of my truck. :gearjamin

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pepboys/bosch replaced the waterpump,the housing ,6 gallons 50/50 coolant and 200.00 to re install the part im happy truck is running great

1 - 15 of 15 Posts