Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I install my Ppe tuner, after driving it maybe half a mile my ABS light, Brake light come on and I get a message an my dashboard saying Service Brake System. I cant figure out what Im doing wrong I set the proper tire size, gear ratio and Im pulling the right fuses. Has anyone had the same problem? Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Just want to see the answer.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I want the answer too!! lol

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
IIRC, calibrating via tuner for a 35"+ tire will give you an intermittent ABS light problem. The only way around it is with a techII, or possibly (though IIRC you can't) EFI live.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^ Yeah I was actually thinking about lowering the size down to 35". Will do that today and let you guys know what happens. Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IIRC, calibrating via tuner for a 35"+ tire will give you an intermittent ABS light problem. The only way around it is with a techII, or possibly (though IIRC you can't) EFI live.
Im not sure what a techII is, can anyone explain what that is?

·
Registered
81 Posts
You have to leave the programmer at 35 or it'll keep setting it off. Mine kept doing it till I measured my tire 37=35.5 so that's what I set mine at and it works fine with no problem.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I set the Ppe at 36" for the tire size and everything worked out, my ABS light or Brake light did not turn on. Im going to try to raise the tire size little by little to try and calibrate it as accurate as I possibly can without setting the ABS or Brake light off.

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
The techII is gm's diagnostic computer. Your dealer will have one, or you may possibly be able to find a local shop that has one as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts