Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuff to keep short but got buzy with a screw driver last night and don't know my next move. We all know I hate the LTZ interior but already own it so late for that. Now I took my entire center console out armrest and all. Right to the dash> I took the sub and bose amp out (now realize the stereo needs the amp) and all. Im down to just the mounting plate for the console or seat depending interior. I will take that out so its just carpet depending my next move. But an armrest would rock or perhaps cup hodlers. I figured I could hack up my stock center console and basically have it mount as it should and have it trimmed to just be a big armrest/storage. The mount on the floor would look perfect if I trimmed it to that, because of the moutning holes for the console. And then cover the carpet missing with something thats easy. I can do a big rubber section or carpet to match and have my flashlight mounted nice on the floor charging as it should as well as CB as I have it mounted now under my console. All is as I like it just would like an arm rest. Is there a way to install them on the seats I have? Otherwise take a look. I want to possibly do the folding nice seat chevy has but it may be to long and be almost in the dash. Thoughts. Help me out.

Jim

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
idk but i had the same knife till it got stolen.

bump for ya
Yea just got it.. Nice sized buck knife. My buddy said only way to really keep that in the truck was there. So we used a massive sized zip-tie and she is good there.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sort of yes.. I don't like how it goes up to the dash. I want to try and get at least an armrest and cup holders if possible. Armrests int he seats that flip down would kick ass

·
Registered
21,966 Posts
have you looked in any junk yards? i know some fords had a short console that didnt go all the way to the dash and stopped flush with the front of seats! i dont know how measurments would work out though with the width of what you have!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea the 05 ford I had has exactly what I picture working. And not looking hacked up like I would do to mine. I am trying to find part out trucks and get one. Tuff. I would like a complete dash so I can make it work for me. Then the center jump seat like an LT package. Do I just sell my truck and start over haha?

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was just on ebay and didn't see that. Wonder how that will fit with the bucket seats and all

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
I would ask the seller for the width and does your truck have the holes for it?

·
Registered
687 Posts
My Tahoe has the full console between the seats. Really sucks when on a date. That's why I put 40/20/40 front seat on my "must have" list for the Duramax. I don't like the consoles that go all the way to the dash at all.

Maybe you could find an older truck in a junkyard and get the same seat I have in the DM. The center seat back can fold down to be an armrest. The cup holders are made on the front of the middle seat almost sitting right on top of the transmission hump. A little low, but they work.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea mine would mount the same. I would have to take the seats out to get those mounts in. They go to the floor. But that has the tan color interior and would look real weird. I had sizes of that and tried to mock it up but now that its all out would be easier. I don't think it would work to well. It would be way to close to the dash i think. I don't want it for the seat, just arm rest and storage and have floor space open.

I just want the LT dash dammit. There isnt' a chance a dealership would take my truck back would they haha. Even getting it to stock as much as possible?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just need to stick to swapping the entire dash setup and doing the regular GM jump seat that has the 3 cup holders. I wish I knew that when I bought the truck dammit

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
To be honest I would bolt it back together and drive the damn thing, thats a real can of worms

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have that feeling.. no matter what I do its gonna be a hack job... ugh

You wanna trade turcks? ha

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
mmmmmmm............no

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea figures.. Lot of peoples answers haha.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
I'll buy your interior everything black to replace my tan stuff I hate it then you could order the LT trim kit and be G2G

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll buy your interior everything black to replace my tan stuff I hate it then you could order the LT trim kit and be G2G
You going to be in KY for the outlaw's? I'll be there. I'll bring tons of tools and we have 2 days to do it haha.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You going to be in KY for the outlaw's? I'll be there. I'll bring tons of tools and we have 2 days to do it haha.[/QUOTE]

how would you get home? ride on a 5 gal. bucket? :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.