Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can smell burning oil on the e way with the windows down. and some times at idle.i am NOT loosing a lot of oil. has a light haze coming out the exhaust. could it be winter fuel in wormier weather? :help

Dan

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
I can smell burning oil on the e way with the windows down. and some times at idle.i am NOT loosing a lot of oil. has a light haze coming out the exhaust. could it be winter fuel in wormier weather? :help

Dan
With a downpipe only exhaust, you could be burning the grime off the underside of the truck :D

Check the crankcase for fuel, it could be over filling and spraying out the dump tube. Could be one of a million things. Check for any oil leaks... best place to start. If you're smellin it, it has to be burning off something hot so exhaust, heads, bellhousing etc.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I would also look on the front of the engine to the left of the crank pulley. That is where your breather tube dumps out, to see if it is smoking there. It is easiest to pull the plastic skid plate to see if it has a slight amount of smoke coming out of it. That is where mine would start to smoke both times before I needed injectors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts