Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to figure out how and to which wires these resistors tap into...? I have the switchback LED bulbs and I am trying to stop the hyper flashing. It looks like the wires go from bulb to bulb then out to the harness so I have tried a few combinations not knowing which wire is for the blinker and nothing has worked so far.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

-Tyler

Here is a pic:

I found this diagram on another site as well as a few others describing the install this way...and it still didn't work...?

I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

·
Registered
77 Posts
dam nobody has done this here with RETRO Solution bulbs no less. I am in the same boat and somewhat bummed these are even needed-and not just a plug and play-I like LED's but this is a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still am at a loss....bump hoping someone else can chime in!

I don't want to take my lights out again until I have a new option to try...

·
Registered
18,344 Posts
Get an led flasher unit. Thats what i did and i didnt have to deal with resistors. There a pita. I have switchbacks. And they flash normal.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get an led flasher unit. Thats what i did and i didnt have to deal with resistors. There a pita. I have switchbacks. And they flash normal.

More details please....Where do I get one and where does it go?

Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
18,344 Posts
I got mine off of amazon. Its located under the steering colum on the left side kinda where the parking brake is. Turn your blinker on and that will help you locate it better. Once u find it and get it out. Match up the prongs on yours with a led flasher unit and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
the load resistor should be wired from + to - across the 2 wires for the light, the reason it flashes fast is because it detects a light out due the the low resistance the LED presents, when you put the resistor in parallel with the LED it pumps the load high enough to read as a light bulb.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Thanks guys. I was going to pose the same question and saw this post. We just put a custom hauler bed on wife's 2015 Denali. It has LEDs and not only get rapid flash but a warning light saying turn signal circuit malfunction.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got mine off of amazon. Its located under the steering colum on the left side kinda where the parking brake is. Turn your blinker on and that will help you locate it better. Once u find it and get it out. Match up the prongs on yours with a led flasher unit and you should be good to go.
This sounds good-thx man. :drink

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just came in from trying to find the blinker-turned on the blinker AND I can't believe this but I heard the clinking sound coming from the door speaker. :help

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just came in from trying to find the blinker-turned on the blinker AND I can't believe this but I heard the clinking sound coming from the door speaker. :help
Mine was coming from the speaker also....?

·
Registered
18,344 Posts
Mine never came from the speaker. Did you guys find it. I will try and take a pic to show you where its at when i get home from work tonight.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine never came from the speaker. Did you guys find it. I will try and take a pic to show you where its at when i get home from work tonight.
Would love to see a picture but yours is probably different being and '06 vs my '08 yeah?

I have read on some newer vehicles the relay is built into the computer so it is not possible to replace it. If that is the case on the LMM I would have to go back to trying to figure out the resistors.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The load resister splices from the hot wire to the ground wire for that bulb. To find the hot wire use test light remove the bulb and touch terminals in the socket. The ground will be black. The turn signal hot should be blue or green and the parking light should be brown or have a stripe on it. This s for a socket with 3 wires in it. If its a 2 wire socket go from wire to wire with the resister.

·
Registered
77 Posts
MAN I wish somebody with a newer 2011 would have some pix as I like pix to use for reference INstead of just a wiring diagram. IF I knew ahead of time every bulb would need a resistor I never would have done this -EVER.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Same issue here. Took our 2015 to my guy at truck shop that has fixed them with resistors before and they made no difference. I assume he knew what he was doing but you know what assume means! Got my dealer on it but not overly optimistic. We get 4 normal cadences before they go rapid. I just let blink 4 times and click them off. Surely somebody will figure it out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Same issue here. Took our 2015 to my guy at truck shop that has fixed them with resistors before and they made no difference. I assume he knew what he was doing but you know what assume means! Got my dealer on it but not overly optimistic. We get 4 normal cadences before they go rapid. I just let blink 4 times and click them off. Surely somebody will figure it out.
I get 2-3 normal blinks before the craziness. :rof

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Got my 2015 reprogrammed today and stopped the LED rapid flash. Tried resistors before found out about reprogram and that didn't phase it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you end up doing the resistors. Check them in a year or 2. The ones I used on my jeep ended up crumbling away to nothing and rotting away. Resistors defeat the point of LEDs in my opinion

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you end up doing the resistors. Check them in a year or 2. The ones I used on my jeep ended up crumbling away to nothing and rotting away. Resistors defeat the point of LEDs in my opinion
I don't understand as most do it for aesthetics - am I missing something? Do the resistors lose anything when resistors are used-IE. brightness.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts