Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving, truck turned off completely. Went ride side and it was over heated. Most the coolant was blown out of the reservoir. Got the truck cooled down and more water. Started it up and observed no oil pressure and a god awful noise coming for the motor. Also, a lot of oil blown out of the crank case vent. Checked oil, level was good and no water.

Before this happened, the truck over heated a week prior to this incident. After it over heated, and small amount of steady white smoke coming from the exhaust and crank case vent. The smell of the exhaust was a normal diesel smell and the crankcase vent smelled awful... need help

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
Could be a number of different things. If it overheated really bad, could have a bad head gasket because if it. Could also have a cracked piston. Any video of what it sounds like?

If you’ve got a lot I’d blow by and pressure in the crankcase, it’s probably a cranked piston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not have a video because I don't want to start it just in case. The sound that im hearing sounds like the metal being rolled around on the lower end. The truck has 200,xxx on it. Ran amazing before it left me road side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am thinking of getting a new motor because I have a feeling it will be cheaper in the long run

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
You’re probably right. With no oil pressure, the engine is going to have to come apart. Labor and Machine work is usually a good chunk, and you lose some of that money on teardown labor if you go that route and still find you have to have a new engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is what im thinking..... cheaper to find a drop and drive motor. Now the hunt is on to find a motor LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts