Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I have a 2014 GMC 200hd Denali that I absolutely love. The other day I went to start it up and the service 4wd/traction/stabiltrak like came on. There is no lose of power or anything. The only code found is c0561. Speed sensors and steering position sensor are good. EBCM?

·
Premium Member
10,656 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had my 2013 do a similar thing. Service traction control and stabiltrak messages were on. But my transmission acted weird also. Wouldn’t up shift or down shift. And shift inhibitor message popped up one time. The TCM had failed. Transmission control module.
My understanding is that it controls a lot of other stuff. Anything transmission related. And it’s common for them to fail no matter the mileage.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Welcome.

The Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) receives serial data messages from the Body Control Module (BCM), Engine Control Module (ECM), Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC), and the Transmission Control Module (TCM) which are needed to perform Antilock Brake System (ABS), Vehicle Stability Enhancement System (VSES), or Traction Control System (TCS) functions. This DTC indicates that there are no problems in the EBCM. The BCM, ECM, IPC and the TCM should be checked for a possible fault.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts