Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im ordering my lift kit tomorrow for my 03' 2500HD... ive got it narrowed down to

6 inch ZONE - $1400- shipped
Superlift 6-7.5 inch bracket lift - $1670 - shipped
Superlift 6 inch knuckle kit - $1670 - shipped
Pro Comp 6 inch knuckle - $1800 - shipped
Pro Comp 6 inch bracket kit - $1800 - shipped

whats better, knuckle or bracket??
im trying to keep it under 2 grand so if you have any other input let me know.

thanks!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what i originally wanted to get...do bracket kits sit higher than knuckle kits?
and also i already have keys and a add a leaf on my truck. im wanting to keep them on when i install the lift kit. do you think i'll have any problem getting it to sit level since the ZONE kit comes with a 5 inch block? the last thing i want is it to sit un level.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
zone is the way to go its the same as a bds kit and they are high clearance lifts

·
Registered
273 Posts
I did the superlift bracket lift on my 01 hd and had a total of 7.5 inches of lift with the stock keys and a add a leaf. If you use a knuckle lift you have to buy wheels and the new spindles stick the wheels out about 2" per side.

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
ZONE gets my vote.... with a Knuckle lift, a 5 backspace or anything smaller like 4.75, 4.5, etc.. will fit...anything bigger and you are getting new wheels.

If you keep the 5 inch blocks, it will sit level and your CV's will still be better than any other lift i've seen..plus you can fit 37's if you wish.

If you do 4 inch blocks, see above....still awesome CV angles..

Or you can do 3 inch blocks like I am and get negative CV angles..

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the advice and the pic..ive already got rock stars on my truck. looks like im going with the zone. why did you ditch the 5 inch block? and are your t bars cranked up at all?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Zone is the way to go if you're buying new. They have really great products!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
For what its worth. "IF" you ever decide to take the lift kit off (not sure on the zone kits). If you go with a ProComp you dont have to cut the front diff mounting lug off. Hence going back to stock becomes a problem with kits that make you cut off the front diff mount lug. Now I know you have some frame cutting but that can be fixed....

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
For what its worth. "IF" you ever decide to take the lift kit off (not sure on the zone kits). If you go with a ProComp you dont have to cut the front diff mounting lug off. Hence going back to stock becomes a problem with kits that make you cut off the front diff mount lug. Now I know you have some frame cutting but that can be fixed....

Just my 2 cents
problem solved ;)

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i ordered the 6 inch zone lift kit yesterday. i also got the upgraded shock option. figured it would be worth the extra $20. i called ZONE to order it but they refered me to Harrington Auto parts because they offer free shipping. so i paid $1316 with shock upgrade shipped to my house. Also going to be ordering some 37 inch toyo mud terrains within the next few days. still shopping around for the best price. i'll post alot of pics when i get it all done!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts