Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the situation, I just purchased/inherited a 2006 Silverado 2500 from my elderly neighbour (husband passed away) the truck is absolutely mint inside and out, no rust at all and that's fairly rare for are Ontarian salty winters. The truck only has 118xxxKM on it has the Manual ZF6 transmission and i only paid $8500 for it. The only downfall.... it's 2WD...... my original intentions were to build it up but my mind is stuck on the 2wd part. Keep in mind I would not be winter driving it as I have my other truck for that, this was strictly just for a fun gear slamming unique truck. Cheers! Any advice will help!

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good looking truck! Are you trying to decide if you want to sell it ? I wouldn’t worry too much about it not being 4WD ... especially if you have another rig that is. Also, keep in mind , if you have Eaton limited slip they do pretty good for a two wheel drive. If you have the G80 code in the glove box both rear wheels get power , ( when one slips)many times I thought I’d need 4WD and that rear end grabs to where I didn’t need it. End of the day, your truck your call, if it floats your boat keep it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good looking truck! Are you trying to decide if you want to sell it ? I wouldn’t worry too much about it not being 4WD ... especially if you have another rig that is. Also, keep in mind , if you have Eaton limited slip they do pretty good for a two wheel drive. If you have the G80 code in the glove box both rear wheels get power , ( when one slips)many times I thought I’d need 4WD and that rear end grabs to where I didn’t need it. End of the day, your truck your call, if it floats your boat keep it.
Yeah that's fair enough, and from what I've read seems like the manuals are pretty rare around here. I suppose I just have to ask myself when was like last time I've used 4wd (other than the odd winter storm) which is not very often, in leaning more on the fence of keeping it!

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
My dually is 2wd. As I live in FL I don't have to worry about snow and off roading.

Never had an issue. Would not hesitate to buy another 2wd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts