Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 LBZ, in the spring it threw a Glow plug code installed new ADC Delco Glow Plugs, light went out about a week later I get a Glow Plug Controller code. Replaced it still got code replaced it with a known good one nothing.
I drove it with CEL and Glow plug light on started having transmission issues long story short disconnected the GPC and the transmission is fine but I have no Glow Plugs and winter is coming.
We have shot all the wires as have 2 shops checked ground connections we are just stumped any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just a thought. I put new GPs in my LB7 and i also replaced the controller. I still got the code. I went back to the glow plugs and i did get one of them tight enough. It was pretty tight. I was worried about over tightening them that wasnt the case. The lose one was hardly considered lose but it barely jiggled in its spot. Im thinking mine was the P0380 code if i recall. I hope its that easy for you. It took me about a week to find this. Good Luck

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,288 Posts
GP issues differ between the LB7 and the LBZ.

No signature, no location, no OP clues.....but it's got to get awfully cold for a Dmax to need GPs to start.

·
Registered
206 Posts
GP issues differ between the LB7 and the LBZ.

No signature, no location, no OP clues.....but it's got to get awfully cold for a Dmax to need GPs to start.
Ok, Thanks Hook'em I was just trying to help. I had no idea they were that different.

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not as concerned about starting cold it blows some smoke but starts up just concerned that the CEL is on all the time not sure what it does on these trucks on our Rovers a CEL sets up a rich condition to "protect" itself

1 - 5 of 5 Posts