Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i found out that i have a full built tranny in my truck but it will shift really hard at times so i decided to try installing my transgo jr kit to see if it would help. Now the truck will go into reverse park and 3rd gear only. When we pulled it apart we might have mixed up the solenoids for those trim valves since they have the same plug and the gasket on them were the same color. They did have different colored plugs but anyway could that cause the problem or could it be that the transgo valves are more restrictive so there isn't enough fluid flow to get it into any other gear. The ones we pulled out looked like they would allow a lot of fluid flow.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
Scary, hard to say with out being there

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea at all i am ordering a deep sump pickup and the lock for it since they have a shallow one on it and used wire to hold it in place. When i get that i am going pull it apart again and see i have any burs on the valves but i didn't feel any when checked them the first time. But i am thinking i will just go back to the other valves if no one has any other ideas.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If what your saying is you might have mixed them up, the black one goes on the edge of the VB, the brown on the inside..

Hope that makes sense and helps.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i would take it apart and make sure all of the valves are not stuck. when i installed the bully dog stage 2 shift enhancer in mine, one of the valves that i never touched got stuck. so it kept going into limp mode.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If what your saying is you might have mixed them up, the black one goes on the edge of the VB, the brown on the inside..

Hope that makes sense and helps.
Yeah it does and i don't think we mixed them up now that you say that. I think it is either one is sticking or they just don't let enough fluid through for the build that was done to it. When i pull it apart again i will take pictures of the different valves so you guys can see the difference in them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
did you drill out the right holes in the plate in the vb. i dunno if that would make a huge difference

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The holes were already drilled out for the other shift kit. That is why i was wandering if the transgo valves might be to restrictive for the build that was done to the trans. The old valves look like they would allow a lot more fluid flow. What do the two transgo valves control anyway? I never have figured that out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I believe they control the line pressure in the trans.

Also did yours come with an install sheet? I would double check you put the valves in the right spot and put them together correctly.

If i remember right one should have a rib in it while the other one does not.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah they were in right i double checked that and checked that the solenoids were in the right spot they were. I went back to the other shift kit today that was already in there and same problem. I think i damaged one of the solenoids since i dropped it on the concrete. I get a 0700 trouble code which is trans control system error.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am pretty sure that is my problem but i here a clicking sound coming from the trans pan. It isn't there when i first get things back together but when i put it in park or reverse to get fluid flowing through there i start hearing it and it will go away after awhile. Is it just lack of fluid to parts?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay so i changed out solenoids and still the same thing p0700 trouble code still makes a loud ticking sound for awhile after i start it up then slowly goes away but it also takes it a few minutes to even start making the noise. When i go to drive it goes straight to 3rd gear and stays there. Any thoughts on my problem i am taking it to the stealership tomorrow if no one has any other idea's. Thanks guys

·
Registered
253 Posts
So before you put this new shift kit in it it ran fine correct?

sorry man im at a loss hopefully someone that knows more can chime in...

·
Time For A Engine Build!!
186 Posts
I had the same problem when I did my trans and it turned out to be one of the speed sensor wires broke lost connection... I repaired the wire and the problem was fixed check your sensor wires carefully!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So before you put this new shift kit in it it ran fine correct?

sorry man im at a loss hopefully someone that knows more can chime in...

It ran but had really hard down shifts most of the time. It has a triple disk converter and upgraded clutches but they did they bully dog shift kit. I installed the transgo JR and now i have this problem.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had the same problem when I did my trans and it turned out to be one of the speed sensor wires broke lost connection... I repaired the wire and the problem was fixed check your sensor wires carefully!!
Was it a wire inside the trans? I have looked at them not real close but they all seem to be in good shape.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Many problems with the TransGo is the springs and balls in the trim valves. Guys just drop them in and put it together-- you need to check that first and use a little Vasoline to hold them in place during assemble. A damaged trim valve spring will also cause problems.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.