Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to check the oil today and discovered the filler cap had came off and was wedged on the motor, its back on now but im not sure how long it was off. How worried do i need to be about the dust that could have gotten down the fill spout and what can i do now??? Thanks in advance for you help.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
If the oil level isnt too low I would change the oil and not worry too much. Maybe have the oil sent to be analised just to see what was in it!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the oil level isnt too low I would change the oil and not worry too much. Maybe have the oil sent to be analised just to see what was in it!
Oil was only about 1/2 a quart low.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
no biggy, pending the tests.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Take it to GM and tell them they left it of and to check it out haha You should be good. If you did get a little dust in there it would have been filtered out pretty quick. No worries man.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Take it to GM and tell them they left it of and to check it out haha You should be good. If you did get a little dust in there it would have been filtered out pretty quick. No worries man.
Don't give him any ideas!:poke[1]:

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HmmMMmm:nocommentthanks::rofl just kidding

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The funny thing is we were calling around this morning trying to find a local place that would do an oil analysis, guess we will need them sooner than i though. Our local kenworth place said they dont do anything like that but our local peterbuilt said they do them in house for 10-15 bucks, ill post the results of the analysis when we get them. I figure everyone will be curious what the analysis on the oil will be since its an lml with 22,000 miles on amsoil :thumb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts