Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to do something nice for the truck today and detail it in and out. I go to back the truck up and the odometer/DIC area simply will NOT turn on. I"M PISSED!!! All i did was clean the steering wheel with a pretty moist cloth as well as the steering column and the plastic screen over the gauges.

any ideas on how to get it living again? Is there a fuse for it? will resetting the computer (batteries disconnect for a few minutes) help me at all????

Please help

·
Registered
897 Posts
Try disconnecting your batteries for a few minutes. Relax, look on the bright side, you aren't putting anymore miles on the truck!

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha... yeah i'll try that. BUMP!

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE!!!

i pulled the fuse for it and tried a couple other ones. no dice. but now the lights behind my radio and the HVAC controls are dead. like i can see the numbers and stuff but the backlight is gone.

Please help

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it would seem that when i was wiping all the interior surfaces down that i managed to turn the dimmer switch down all the way. all my stuff is working again. i feel like an idiot for posting this so it can be deleted or not i don't care. i'm just glad i don't have an electrical problem or have to buy a new cluster.

sorry guys

·
Registered
897 Posts
That's good news. They always say look for the easy stuff first.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
lol funny fail good thing all is well. i have done the same thing before.

·
Registered
248 Posts
That's some funny chit right there. Maybe the mods will move it to the funny zone. I probably would have said that the battery disconnect worked and then hoped that nobody ever brought it up again. Too late now!! :drink

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Maybe my tranny limp will turn out to be just somethin' I fat fingered.........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha you guys crack me up. yeah i was in a pretty sour mood. just got done putting in a 200 dollar wheel bearing the other night and was about to have to buy a cluster lol.

but yeah i'm glad it was just stupidity.

to make up for it i'll post some pictures of it up tomorrow after the wash/wax/etc. :)

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
LOL , gotta love those DOH moments. But on the other side, the display does quit working every once in a while. GM wouldn't warranty the stepper motors because of that. I used to have to punch mine to get it to work.... I hate gm for their clusters.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
LMAO this is hilarious....nice fail bro :thumb

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Hilarious this just made my night

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha i ain't even mad. i'm out 0 dollars

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Epic Fail.......hahaha no harm done...... the same thing could have easily happened to me..... hahaha

·
Registered
956 Posts
hey man dont let anyone here tell you that theyve never done this themselves, it seems to me that anytime i took it to the dealer they thought it would be funny to do this to see if i came back in so they could look like magicians!

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
This literally made me laugh....HARD.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
My orifices leaked fluids I laughed so hard Lee

1 - 20 of 29 Posts