Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, maybe one of you can help...it's been a heck of a day. I have a 2017 Duramax, 60k miles, Banks Derringer, and an Airaid CAI. I picked up my 30 ft travel trailer today (maybe 55 degrees outside) and went about a half mile at low speed when "Reduced Engine Power" came on and shortly after the truck shut off and wouldn't start. My luck, I was right in front of an extremely busy 4-way at about 5pm. It turns over fine but won't start. I had a heavy duty tow truck pull me and my 30 ft camper back. Got it back home and I've been working on it for the last 4 or 5 hours. I've tried unhooking the batteries, replaced the fuel filter and primed, but still the same problem. Strangely, it's not throwing any codes at all. Also, after unhooking the battery, it now says to service stabilitrak and the trailer brakes, but still no codes (at least through my scanner or the Derringer). Any ideas?

20200306_153632 (1).jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it staying primed? Sounds like a fuel issue tho.
Yes, I think so. I can hear it, and after replacing the fuel filter and trying to crank it again, the housing was full of fuel (so I guess that means it's working correctly?).

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Any news on what happened?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts