Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my dsp5 switch and my tunes for Rob. Everything was loaded successfully but when i am driving and switch the switch, and get on it I see no change at all between the economy, tow, 100hp street or stock. What could be the problem??

Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
Im in the same boat youre in. Odds are the pin isnt seated all the way in the ecm.. Im gonna pull mine apart tomorrow and check it out and try reseating it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I checked them three times now haha. They wont pull out so I am pretty sure the are seated. This is what is weird, my cousin and I both put or dsp5 switches in tonight, his is a lly mine is an lbz. They both said they loaded fully went out and drove them and didnt notice a thing on either one.

·
Registered
686 Posts
whats it suppose to do?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I would think that if you change it from stock to a 100hp you would be able to notice it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
o its a chip u installed and it dont work ,,,damn

ya 100hp is what i run and its niiiiiccccee...whats it cost?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Somethings not hooked up right....and its staying on the default tune prolly the stock tune???? Just my thoughts

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
I would check the connections as well. You did do a full reflash right?? There must be something you are missing since it is not working in either truck. Are you sure you got the pins in the right holes. They are different between the two trucks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am really sure the that the pins are in there all the way. I pushed them in all the way and can not pull them out. So i dont think that it is our dsp5 switches. Anyone?

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
I am really sure the that the pins are in there all the way. I pushed them in all the way and can not pull them out. So i dont think that it is our dsp5 switches. Anyone?
Did you take the little purple tab out of the ECM harness before you pushed the pins in? I didnt the first time. ;)

You can go into the scan tool and log the DSP voltage and position. That will tell you 100%.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts