Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
!help possable ficm problem!!!
So I have a 05 lly duramax. That's lifted up a bit. Well over the past week we had some flooding here in houston so I sent to save my cousin and went through some high water (about 2 to 3 foot). Sense then my truck is stuck in "tractor mode". I've tried wiggling the injector harness to see if that helps but it doesnt I've ordered new injectors harness as well. But I didnt have a passanger finder liner so wanted was for sure splashing up into the engine bay. I pulled the plugs out of the ficm to inspect and found a considerable amount of water in them. I cleaned them out with electric contact cleaner but still no luck. I'm going to be replacing the injectors harness's tomorrow and see what that does. Any input would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yup the FICM don't take kindly to water.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
If it's fresh water, you might be able to blow all the connectors out with clean air and some electrical contact cleaner. If the water has salt in it, that could be a problem...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts