Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed PPE pyro and boost gauge. Everything seems to be working ok when driving the truck. When I shut the truck off the pyro gauge stays around 200. When I turn the key to on position the gauge lights up and the needle zero's out. If the truck is cold it will stay at zero. If it is warm then it will read what I think is the residual heat in the manifold. It's probably ok, it just seems this gauge should go to zero when the truck is shut off. Could i have a bad gauge or sensor??? Any input or suggestion would be much appreciated.

S/F

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
No wories, my Edge Insight will always read the current temp. even if the truck is turned off. I think its ok.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
My pyro does the samething, no worries

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback Lubeman. I'm sure the gauge is fine but my OCD gets the best of me sometimes.

Just finished all the mods you see in my SIG... I see you got the Transgo Jr. Do you recomend I get one?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
x2 mine does this as well. Even tho it is off there is still heat in the manifold

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Lubeman. I'm sure the gauge is fine but my OCD gets the best of me sometimes.

Just finished all the mods you see in my SIG... I see you got the Transgo Jr. Do you recomend I get one?
I would def. recommend that you do it. Well worth the $ and effort IMO. I see all these threads where folks have problems with the install, but mine was a breeze. Either I was lucky or just good !! haha JK. I read many accounts on how to do it first and took my time. It also helps that I service around 500 transmissions a year!! Not a typo...500!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would def. recommend that you do it. Well worth the $ and effort IMO. I see all these threads where folks have problems with the install, but mine was a breeze. Either I was lucky or just good !! haha JK. I read many accounts on how to do it first and took my time. It also helps that I service around 500 transmissions a year!! Not a typo...500!!
Holy s**t. That's a lot of tranny work. I'm sure you were confident doing the install then. Yeah...I'm all about doing everything myself. So I will read up on it and go for it.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
You will be fine, there is a DIY with pics over on Diesel Bombers. It was very helpful for me, I am always super freako when it comes to doing these types of mods. I wanna know all there is to know before doing them!! Just remember, the Transgo directions are very poor...sooo...rely on some of the DIY's and pics from others to help. Also...TAKE YOUR TIME!! Good luck, let us all know how it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts