Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone who helped me trouble shoot my truck. I didnt have any luck so I took it to my local mechanic. There was a piece of plastic or something inside the housing of the primer and it was preventing the primer to work properly. He had to take it apart twice, but hey its back on the road.

Hope this never happens to you.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Did this problem start when you changed your filter?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I think so, but couldn't be sure. The guy who fixed it said if he would have changed the filter it would have happened to him. So I am thinking it was destined to happen, although not sure how it got in there. It may have entered through the fuel tank, but I never let the tank get below 1/2 full. Anybody have any thoughts?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
i doubt it would have made it all the way up the fuel lines....but you never know.

I'd say it was more likely a flaw in one of the fuel filters you used. As I think the primer is on the exhaust side of the filter....I could be wrong though

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once I changed the filter it would not prime. I tried everything except taking the housing apart. It was working before the filter change, but I thought the filter was stopped up because it ran for about 5 to 10 seconds then died, and the trouble started.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree no way it could have made it up the lines. I guess I didnt inspect good enough.
:booboo

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
hell could have happened when you screwed one on....no way to check for that...and then when you went prime....sucked er right up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts