Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Help?? Speakers don't work???

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  windowbarn 
#1 ·
We have a 04 truck here with the bose sound system the we just bought. The previous owner had a nokia hands free deal for his cell phone. Anyway i went into the dash and unplugged everything and took the black box out. I wasn't exactly sure what to do with the few wires that were plugged into the box so i just left them layin, anyway now the speakers don't work and I assume it must have something to do with that?? Or maybe not?? I couldn't seem to find any where to connect the few wires that were connected to the box?? Very baffled, Would really appreciate any help, Thanks alot

#2 ·
When you mess with a Bose sound system....you are messing with ALOT of stuff that shouldn't be messed with...especially since they have a built in Amp with RCA, Remote, and other wires. I would put the "Black Box" back in and let it there...unless you take it to a stereo installation store and pay them. You can mess up alot of other things by messing with your stereo as well. Like door chimes, warning lights, interior lights, etc.... I used to install stereos.

#6 ·
Do you have onstar and xm? The main plug for the radio should have 12 wires. Look for the pink wire that should be the amp turn on.

#7 ·
speaker

It only has xm!! I did locate the pink wire coming out of the main wire harness on the right side of the sterio system but it seems to be all connected. The one harness that is just hanging there has 5 wires going into it and it appears to go into the connector that connects onto the left side of the stereo. I can't seem to figure out where that one would go??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.