Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I have a stock 2007 LBZ (older motor, not the new one) 2500 Duramax with 70 000 Kms on it. I have installed an Aluminum quad deck and will be hauling 2 full size quads while pulling a 26' holiday trailer this summer.

With a $3000 to $5000 dollar budget please advise what mods will give me the best performance.

Thank you for all your responces in advance.

Dennis

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
it depends on your goals with the truck. do you want to push high horesepower??
if not i have plenty of suggestions and would love to help you out!

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
4 inch exhaust
lift pump
transgo jr
edge evo race
s&b intake

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Damnit Kyle. Beat me to it

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Kyle will get you going in the right direction. Will you be doing the work yourself? There are a few good options out there like a new Down Pipe for the turbo to help lower Exhaust Gas Temps and spool the turbo faster. New Intercooler tube that is larger then stock to help lower EGT's and spool the turbo faster also. Those two things would be a great start along with a programmer and a new more free flowing exhaust.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greetings,
My goal is not to push the HP limits of the truck, but add and modify it to get the most affordable HP.

What is a lift pump?

Guys, these oversize tubes is there a website to order them from?

I will not be doing the work, but next door lives a GMC mechanic and I want to educate myself before I get him to do the work.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
4 inch exhaust
lift pump
transgo jr
edge evo race
s&b intake
This is pretty much the route I'd recommend to you as well. Maybe a hot side intercooler tube and a downpipe as well for some added EGT reduction.

With that budget you're probably just short of a tranny build, which would unlock the true potential of the truck and let you get up into the 500hp range easily with some good EFI Live tuning.

But with the stock transmission you're still able to do a pretty decent amount of upgrades and have a much better performing truck.

Other things I would add to that list would be HD tie rods and idler/pitman arm braces. That will give you a very sturdy front end capable of handling all that power in 4x4.

If you'd like to talk over some options and a nice package price, I'd be more than happy to help. Just let me know if I can do anything for you :)

-Jesse
Husker Diesel

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Haha thats no joke!!

But you ended up going the right way in the end ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts