Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is pretty much the route I'd recommend to you as well. Maybe a hot side intercooler tube and a downpipe as well for some added EGT reduction.

With that budget you're probably just short of a tranny build, which would unlock the true potential of the truck and let you get up into the 500hp range easily with some good EFI Live tuning.

But with the stock transmission you're still able to do a pretty decent amount of upgrades and have a much better performing truck.

Other things I would add to that list would be HD tie rods and idler/pitman arm braces. That will give you a very sturdy front end capable of handling all that power in 4x4.

If you'd like to talk over some options and a nice package price, I'd be more than happy to help. Just let me know if I can do anything for you :)

-Jesse
Husker Diesel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jesse, your right about the tranny build, I have alot of mods on my LLY, EFI 5 position, full egr delete, downpipe, upgraded studs and head gasket upgrade, S&B cold air intake, straight pipe 6 inch, but the biggest and most impressive upgrade was the suncoast tranny yeah its $5300 expensive but the difference is "shit your pants" difference plus the tranny doesn't get hot or go to "limp" mode anymore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.