Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
USMC
795 Posts
You talking about the vents?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
they make custom boxes for our truck btw...no need to cut anything....

Subthump.com  Custom Sub Enclosures for the Mobile Masses

I bought mine from here....pretty much any high performance sub you cant have a ported box because of the space requirements.....

So non ported is what you get....I got 2 Kicker VR's with a 750amp and it hits pretty decent. I cut out the padding under the carpet cause the subs seemed to be bottoming out....food for thought.

·
USMC
795 Posts
If you cut them you have to cover them up. They go out to the back between the cab and bed.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
interesting...never knew the CC had vents back there....mine has them under the driver and pass seats facing backwards...figured GM would be cheap and use the same ones for the CC.

·
USMC
795 Posts
Its just plastic. Cut the crap out of it. Be sure to cover up the holes though. I would imagine it will cause more road noise or debris coming in the cab. Gorilla tape should work.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Just a thought as I have no idea.....does the plastic run just below the carpet or below the floorboard....

If it ran below the carpet you could cut if off mid way and still keep heat going to the feet of passengers.

·
USMC
795 Posts
It is a vent on the back wall of the cab. Not a heat or ac vent. Just a cab vent.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
ahhh ok....yep I have those too

·
Registered
240 Posts
With that subthump box, does it make the back seats harder to sit on? In the pics, it looks like the boxes hits the underneath of the seat. Just wondering for confort reasons. Boxes look really nice and great prices. Thanks for the link jmaz268.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
With that subthump box, does it make the back seats harder to sit on? In the pics, it looks like the boxes hits the underneath of the seat. Just wondering for confort reasons. Boxes look really nice and great prices. Thanks for the link jmaz268.
I obviously don't ride in the backseat of my truck....

but from what I could tell when i put it in...i think it raised the backseat like 1/4-1/2 above normal seat height....i do know it does rest on it.

When i took the padding out of the carpet...it barely touches the seat now.

·
Registered
405 Posts
if your still lookin how to get those vents off just pull them off take out the pillar where on top if it its just clips holding it on and just twist and yank on it a lil they just pop right off real easy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts