Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine had his Tahoe toy hauler and YFZ450 stolen from his front yard yesterday in Auburn California. the trailer is a 25' white Tahoe Transport with white rims, it has diamond plate on the lower half of the front end (no other ones had this). the Yamaha YFZ450 is blue, the decals on the left rear fender are all tore up, and it has a trinity pipe. if you guys could keep an eye out it would be much appreciated.

thank you

Attachments

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
wow man that sucks....

hard to tell is that thing a fifth wheel?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no not a 5'er. he might have to get one next, must be harder to steal

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
lol usually almost need a dually....and they cost alot....but usually people that can buy one...are nice good people...

not to say it couldn't happen, just saying I think it would be less likely to

·
Registered
537 Posts
that sucks bigtime...goodluck finding them!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Last July I bought a new 28 ft Wilderness Scout and had it two weeks, brought it back to the dealer and was going to get some warranty work done. It was stolen off the lot and never seen again. My Insurance paid out and in Nov I bought a new 30 ft Cougar with a lot more options with the money but the biggest thing I would tell all rv'ers is to get a hitch lock on it, way to easy to back up and drive away. I learned my lesson.:booboo
P.S. I didn't buy my new RV from the same dealer and hope to never go back there again.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
yeah seems pretty crappy for a dealer...

I'm guessing they didn't have security cameras?

Would think someone who sold high dollar RV's would have something to keep a mindful eye on their inventory.

·
Registered
79 Posts
yeah seems pretty crappy for a dealer...

I'm guessing they didn't have security cameras?

Would think someone who sold high dollar RV's would have something to keep a mindful eye on their inventory.
nope! and they treated me like I had leprosy. I think the boss told all the staff not to put the dealership in any liability situation even though I never signed the work order and parked it exactly where they wanted it with the door locked but not the dead bolt.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
funny thing is that there was a tongue lock on it but they torched it off and drove away

·
Registered
148 Posts
Problem is if they want it they are going to any lengths to get it.If they ever catch them they should let the owner take care of the punishment.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Anyone that parks a trailer where someone could take it, should have a concrete anchor and a heavy chain! That will slow them down a little. :rolleyes:

Of course-- If they really want it, they will take it!

·
Registered
101 Posts
That really sucks! Thiefs are scum:mad:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I hope they catch them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts