Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lb7 ran out of fuel as coasted into the gas station. Filled, primed, won't start!! Primed some more and ran about a minute if that. ?????

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Keep priming. Have heard of people having to pump upwards of 100 times before being totally successful. Good luck.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
It's called when that happened to me, I had to prime, start, etc.. for 45 minutes straight.... just keep priming and give it time...it takes a bit.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Prime-prime-prime, oh and prime some more!!!! I recommend priming till it gets hard to, wait then prime some more. Loosen the blessed screw and prime till fuel comes from there, close it then prime some more. You will probably prime at least 10X the amount u would think it would take. Wear gloves to prevent blisters!! ;-)

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
yeah it's going to take a while bud, sorry. makes you really appreciate never letting the fuel gauge get too low from now on though!

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
All the more reason to buy a lift pump. Self priming. :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
You'll get it, but be happy you have a primer or you would really be stuck.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Yeah....even with my lift pump running it takes like 2 minutes straight to fill it up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all that replied! Phone died shortly after posting...what a day! Finally got it primed after my thumb went numb. Got back on the road and made it home. Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts