Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Chevy 2500 with the lb7 I’m changing the motor as the old one has spun a bearing. I was taking out the torque converter bolts I got all them out except for one witch is stripped now both the 15mm and the hex head any help to get it out? I’m out of options

·
Registered
2004 Silverado 3500 LB7 Dually
79 Posts
The ******* in me says to stick weld a nut or bolt onto it and then use that. Whatever you end up doing. Make sure you soak that bolt in a good penetrant and leave it sit for a good while. Maybe do it a couple times for extra measures. I would try PB Blaster penetrating catalyst. You could try a bolt extractor like Jurg77 said. I would say try a vise grip, but I know it is very tight in that area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There’s no room for a bolt extractor as it it set back in the flywheel with just enough room for a Chrome socket to fit

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
I know this seems simplistic but is the socket you are using a 12 point or a 6 point?

Also, you said yo are changing the engine, do you have another or are you rebuilding the one you have?

Reactions: Jurg77 and jdwarren

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
Worst case scenario pull the transmission off the back of the engine, the torque converter will stay obviously. That way you can at least get it out of the truck and have more room to get a 90° drill in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a new one to put in and I’m using a 6 point 15 mm I’m going to try the heating it up and banging on a 9/16

1 - 9 of 9 Posts