Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I bought a 2005 Chevy 2500HD LLY CCSB. I want to go through it, before I start looking at performance upgrades. My goal is to have a great work truck that gets good mileage and can tow pretty well. Thats all, no tractor pull contests, burnouts, 1/4 mile passes, just good mileage and dependability. Bearing the above in mind, can I get some help on these below listed questions...

#1. Anyone know a competent diesel mechanic in New Jersey that does work on these trucks?

#2. What would be the best way to go through what I have?? Is there a maintenance recommendation listing somewhere, I want to make sure its all in good order?

#3. What are the best minor modifications for what I am looking to do?

#4. What are the common problems to look after to make sure that I am trouble free? The truck has @102k on it.

#5. Who are the vendors that I should deal with? And who should I stay away from?

Thanks in advance for any help, Mike.

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
WELCOME! My LLY has a LBZ mouth piece, 4" Magnaflow Exhaust and Programmer. I am pulling about 17.5 to 18 MPG actual on the tow/haul mode. I have also converted to Amsoil and take regular oil samples, the numbers are really good compaired to the others.
The LLY engine also sometimes has problems with the Fuel Pressure Reg, if you notice an irratic idle get it checked.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Welcome to the Forum....My LLY has the LBZ MP....Missing Kitty, EGR blocker, TCAI airbox...stock rims/tires. Next month my MBRP turbo downpipe/and 4" inch exhaust will be installed. 22 mpg on the highway....14 mpg towing my boat or toy hauler....Running Amsoil in motor/differential...

I change oil/fuel filter every 7500 miles....the DIC says I have plenty of life left, but I change it anyway.....Cheap insurance....

·
Vendor
3,397 Posts
Welcome to the site Qtrmiler!

Use the seach feature and you will find a ton of info on what you need. I can help with the best minor modifications ie. AFE MouthPiece, exhaust, tuner, EGR plate, etc. From there its all personal preference on what you really want to do. Feel free to give me a holler if I can help with anything.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Welcome and gongrats on the buy. Any vendor here is good to buy thru. And i would start with getting your truck to breath better. Mouth piece, pipes, intake, egr block(cheap to do). Before you do a programmer find some gauges you like. The list goes on too. its a bad addiction once you start lol. IMO that is

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
welcome to the df!!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts