Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just bought towing mirrors finally. they are the 07-10 gm replicas( are aftermarket but not for classics) and the bottom 2 screw holes line up but the top hole is like 3/4 of an inch off. there is also 2 prongs that my truck does not have holes for( one is front bottom corner and one is top corner). the plastic also isnt a perfect lineup. do i trim the plastic slightly and drill three new holes for the top screw and two prongs or what? i am in a jam and need to no as soon as possible. it doesnt look hard to drilll them but i dont want to do it and them something doesnt work. all you guys that bought the 07-10 mirrors please pitch in. my truck is an 2003 eclb 2500

·
Registered
263 Posts
send them back

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
the new body style (07.5-present) mirrors are different mounting
... you should have ordered them for 06-early07... do not drill your door out! Send them back and get the right ones!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so your saying that gm also made them for the 2006 and 07 calssics. i was hoping that someone was going to say tha because im not to keen on buying over the internet and i live in canada so no one hear supplies aftermarket mirrors. they only supply the CIPA mirrors with one lens and looks like shit

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
so your saying that gm also made them for the 2006 and 07 calssics. i was hoping that someone was going to say tha because im not to keen on buying over the internet and i live in canada so no one hear supplies aftermarket mirrors. they only supply the CIPA mirrors with one lens and looks like shit

Correct, there is another version of the towing mirrors for 06-07 classic trucks and those are what you need.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome, thanx so much. i was pretty mad when i got them and they didnt line up and i go and check all the forum on them and they say all u need is like a screw driver and some some rachets( no drill bits).i will be taking these back and buying the proper ones. this is the last peice of my project, as i just bought the truck and it needed so little cosmetic things. it was a contractors work truck so it wasnt cosmeticly the greatest but now its perfect.

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
Glad to hear you got it all figured out before taking a drill bit to your truck... :thumb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts