Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007.5 threw trouble code 0191. I just started searching and barely hit on something along the lines of fuel pump rail. Anybody know what exactly this is? Could it be caused by batteries going bad? Apparently the guys working on tinting my windows today killed the batteries. They jumped started it and ran it. It didn't hold a charge and when I got there I had to jump start it. After this I went to run it and there was no rpm increase of power when I hit accelerator. Any info would help.

Thanks

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Sounds like when they jumped it they fried something.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Even my wife can jump start my truck without screwing things up. I would go back to the tinting place and discuss with them compensation or a compromise for rectifying that code if it started after they had the truck, killed the battery, and jump started it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, so after researching all night heres is the fix, well at least for me. I found out that if you start and shut down your vehicle quickly, like me trying to turn over my motor the first time jumping without enough juice, it charges the fuel line without it proper draining and it trips the sensors, so after it sat and charge the power returned, however the trouble code and check engine light came on. So after another diagnostic test and it still came back with the DTC 0191 it asked me if i wanted to clear the code which i did. Check engine light came off. I ran another diagnostic test just to see if the DTC would show again and it not and the truck is running great.

Back to loving my truck

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts