Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so, here is the break down, When i go out in the morning to start up the truck (cold start) she starts right up no issues what so ever, now this has been goin on for awhile and getting worse, if ive been driving the truck for say 25-30min turn it off run inside for 5min come back out, try to start, it just cranks and cranks and cranks for at least a minute then finally starts, so its when its been ran and hot it does NOT want to start, any idea what could be the problem? I just shelled out $500 at chaplins a month ago for a fuel rail and they said they fixed it... no they didnt, any help would be appreciated, im tryin to sell this truck, this has been the only problem and i gotta get it fixed!

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.........

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone???????

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Evening bump!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like injectors to me. If you think about it when your truck is cold fuel is thicker. I am willing to bet that when warm your injectors are bleeding into your return side of the injectors. Have your nearest dealer check the return side of your injectors. Also have them pressure up system with tech 2 to 160mpa. More than likely they aren't holding. Lb7's have warranty to 200,000 miles and 7rys. Hope this helps.:)

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is shit cuz i just had it at the dealer and we had them check the injectors and they said they were fine! Cuz thats what i thought it was too! Instead they replaced a fuel rail and charged me $500!:mad:

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any other takers?

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I had a similar issue. It was injectors. Find some one who can read what its doing and see if it has rail pressure,

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea i will, im gonna print these comments out and show them.. i hate dealerships, their mechanics are just dumb asses

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Well the dealer wont do much since its out of warranty. And after the rail was replaced (Why? if there's no sign of leaking), was it warmed up? or started up and said "Fixed"? And not all dealerships are created equal. Make sure you go to one with more than one diesel tech on hand. You don't want a guy who specializes in Cobalts working on your truck.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well there covered for 200,000miles or 7 yrs mines neither of those so i should be eligable for replacement injectors.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Look in your door jamb for production date. Just because its an 04 doesnt mean under 7yrs. I dont mean to piss in your wheaties. But it goes by build date. not sale date.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look in your door jamb for production date. Just because its an 04 doesnt mean under 7yrs. I dont mean to piss in your wheaties. But it goes by build date. not sale date.
Yea.. im well aware of that, the dealership themselves told me its still under warranty but that my injectors were fine

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
was truck hot or cold when they checked?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im sure it was cold, even though we told them to drive it around and get it hot, im sure they didnt.. fugures.. they half ass everything there. Not the first time either.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I've got a buddy that had the same problem, could even smell diesel in the motor oil and the dealer said injectors were fine. So he went to another dealer and walla the injectors were replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
we'll see.. im having my gf's dad look at it this week, he's been a diesel mechanic for 25yrs and a very creditable one at that.. then ill have some ammunition to take to my dealer..

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup GF's dad said it is definitely injectors, talked to the dealer they said they only test them on cold start not after they are heated up... (my problem is after the truck is warmed up) gotta get this taken care of, they said they will do the "OFFICIAL" warranty testing on monday to see if they can replace them under warranty... we'll see how this goes..

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is OFFICIAL, Cory - 1 / GM - 0 I get new injectors under warranty!:rockin get my truck back on saturday and then she is OFFICIALLY for sale!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts