Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i replaced the injectors on my 01 lb7 and it ran for a while drove about 5miles and shut it off in a drive threw and now it wont start got fuel in rails and everything looks good what should i look for any tips

·
Registered
170 Posts
Reman or new injectors? Sounds like it might not be able to build enough rail pressure to fire off. Does it puff any smoke while cranking?

·
Registered
170 Posts
It cranks but does not start? NO codes? Just trying to get all the info before I can give you an idea.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The programer will not have anything to do with it. You are sure that the system is primed and is full of fuel. It sounds like the injectors warmed up and might be hanging open and the pump can not build enough rail pressure to fire.

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
Make sure you have no air in any of the high pressure lines going to the injectors.

Then if you have acess to a scan tool. check to see that there is pressure. At Idle the rail should be holding around 5,000psi IIRC. And at WOT it should hold 23,000psi.

·
Registered
170 Posts
so what can i do now?
You can try pumping the suction ball onto of the filter until it gets hard and see what happens. Or let it sit for awhile and see what happens. I'm thinking you find that its not building rail pressure to fire. If its fine after it cools than theres an injector issue. I quit using remans in my shop. Got sick of doing the same job twice. If you can pump the ball and it starts you could have a return issue. The truck will not start until the supply and return lines are full and it sees a minimun rail pressure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts