Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys new to the site here

:help:help:helpwere having some issues with are 01 Duramax its a Auto Tow Truck we put together ...

only mod it has is a 4" exhaust

we keep throwing code P0234 - turbocharger over boost

we have a Tech 2 and at idle were getting 16psi boost ? ? ?:confused: is that right ? ?

and under accl were hitting 36psi of boost

any help would be greatly appreciated guys so we can get this issue takin care of asap

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Are you losing power when it happens or are you just tripping the light? Your MAP sensor or baro pressure sensor could be bad, but you might be reading total atomospheric pressure...so you would subtract 14 from the total number. I have gotten the overboost code on mine a few times, but I think it was from my programmer. Are you sure that the ECM doesn't have an aftermarket program in it? BTW, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you losing power when it happens or are you just tripping the light? Your MAP sensor or baro pressure sensor could be bad, but you might be reading total atomospheric pressure...so you would subtract 14 from the total number. I have gotten the overboost code on mine a few times, but I think it was from my programmer. Are you sure that the ECM doesn't have an aftermarket program in it? BTW, welcome to the forum!
no it doesn't throw the light all the time and when does happen & doesn't throw the light it shuts the truck down till we drop to 50mph or clear it out with the Tech 2

he said he's almost 100% sure the tech 2 is reading the boost

we haven't changed the map sensor

wheres the baro pressure sensor located ?

We had HP Tuner on it but had it removed cuz we thought this issue was caused by it...we were gonna have the local Chevy garage reflash it to double check that it is back to stock, but figured we would try talking with the Desiel Guru's on here first to try and figure this issue out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Somewhere around 20-25psi.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Here are instructions on how to change the baro sensor: Baro Sensor replacement

The baro sensor is # 7 in this picture. It isn't the best picture, but you can get a ballpark idea of where it is.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
SoLow..... Im sorry but the Duramax Forum is for Duramax owners only. Please no lowered or 2wd mini trucks allowed. Thank you! :tease :Smack

Bahahahahahahaha

So did yinz ever hook up a after market boost gauge or are you going off of what the stock computer and the Tech-II reads? If it is acutally getting 30 psi + im sure you know it can blow the stock turbo.

No there shouldnt be any boost at Idle. Actually for 2001 there shouldnt be any boost untill there is a load on the motor toward the top end of the gears.

P.S welcome aboard!! :rockin

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SoLow..... Im sorry but the Duramax Forum is for Duramax owners only. Please no lowered or 2wd mini trucks allowed. Thank you!

Bahahahahahahaha

So did yinz ever hook up a after market boost gauge or are you going off of what the stock computer and the Tech-II reads? If it is acutally getting 30 psi + im sure you know it can blow the stock turbo.

No there shouldnt be any boost at Idle. Actually for 2001 there shouldnt be any boost untill there is a load on the motor toward the top end of the gears.

P.S welcome aboard!! :rockin
:Smack:moon hardy har har kevin ...:rof

we are going off the tech2 for now but i think tommorow were gonna hook up the aftermarket boost gauge to check the boost at idle and go from there

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I couldn't find a part number for the baro sensor in Alldatadiy.com, but for my truck (2004) it show 12215049 for the MAP sensor. You will have to at least check with your dealer to make sure it is the right part number for your engine before trying to order through gmpartsdirect.com. List price is $94, but gmpartsdirect has it for $49.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what plugs into the the bottom of the Baro sensor ? on ours there is nothing plugged in ...

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I won't be able to until tonight. I will have to see if I have anything plugged into my baro sensor if it ever stops raining here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I won't be able to until tonight. I will have to see if I have anything plugged into my baro sensor if it ever stops raining here.
hey on our Tech 2 were we where seeing the boost its Called Boost Pressure Sensor and at Idle its saying 16psi and under Accel its still showing 36psi and we tried another Baro Sensor

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys tho for all the Help were noobs at the Desiels motors...we Specialize in LSX motors :gearjamin

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
whelp just got back from a long distance tow job to CT and it acted up the whole way there and back ... we did replace the baro sensor and checked the wastegate b4 hand and it seemed to be ok

any other suggestions guys ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
SoLow I read it somewhere else on the forum that cleaning the MAF at the air intake with Carb cleaner or X not brake parts cleaner and not soap n water, I used Throttle Body Air intake cleaner on mine today and so far the overboost code is staying at bay after more than 20 starts. I cleared the code just after I sprayed the part down. I reassembled my intake and began to start my engine then let it run a few moments then shut r down. It has been a few hours now. I will go out and start it and come back. It is humid like a rainforest outside. I rained earlier here in Houston,TX and it is balmy. I installed a new air filter. oh yea the man said that the oil in the air filter was getting onto the sensor and basically skewing the reading. Tomorrow is Saturday. I will keep testing that truck and I have the battery charger on it to keep it starting at full charge. I see that it has been some time since you made the last post some 5 1/2 months ago. Maybe if you got took or sold the truck, here is the info you may be needing if it happens to you next time.:confused::gearjamin

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi there,

i have a 2004 lly and just had the tech 2 on it today and i am running 14 @ idle and 35 @ max boost

no tuner installed at the time. i should have put the tuner back on and checked it again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts