Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the deal, I'm driving along put on my right turn signal and it the lever goes down. I then realise my turn signal light is on, not blinking or anything just stuck on. ( front,rear,mirror and dash)

-35 outside and don't have access to shop space till Monday. If I'm going out there I wanna know what I'm looking for. I've let it sit for 1 hour and the problem was still there.

Any help would be great!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
If you move the lever, does the left side [driver side] work OK-?? At -35, I would wait until you get to a shop.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had a simular problem im my grand am. after alot of use the brass will wear off the contacts inside the blinker lever and mix with the dielectric grease causing a complete circuit. remove the multi function switch from the column, open it up and clean out all the dielectric grease, reapply new grease, reassemble switch and test. good luck

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The flasher is behind the dash close to the light switch.. It is a box looking part and nothing like the old round flashers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.