Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like it says iv seen that you do it under dash and under hood what one is it? and what sockets to jump they are not labeled/ also are the diode s suppose to get pretty hot? any help is great. thanks

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The highs/lows should already work together. There's a couple different ways to do the 6-hi mod, which keeps the fogs on with the highs as well. I personally would do the second way if my truck had fogs, but its up to you.

First way

Second way

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got it to work had to put bigger fuse in hi beam fuse but the diode is getting REALLY hot and the wires a little worm is this normal

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
check out the second link i posted. pretty easy to do and there's no messing around with the diodes, just pulls a small voltage to close the relay. I wouldn't like having a bigger fuse and the diode and wiring getting hot. just my .02 though

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
needed bigger fuse to keep hids from flickering

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got it done works perfect i did the relay no diodes i was not a fan of super melting hot wires and jamming things into my fuse box and it only took a short while. well worth it and looks factory. only thing is it doesnt say my fogs are on when my high beams are can you make it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts