Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want some advice with purchasing a truck. The things I want to use the truck for are as follows:
-For my buiness I need to tow on a daily basis a 16' long trailer that weighs 4200 lb and carry approx 600 lb of cargo in the bed.
-Occasionally I want to tow a classic car and trailer that weighs 7000 lbs.

I know these are not huge numbers for a duramax but what is the best truck to do what I need and get the best fuel milage. I know I could probably get buy with a 1/2 ton chevy with the 5.3 or 6.0 but I hear these gas engines get crappy gas milage. I just don't want to get too small a truck and kick myself later. Fuel milage is a big concern since I will be towing daily for my business.

I'm looking at a 04 Chevy 2500HD Duramax/Allison Ext Cab 4x4 with 60k miles. Will this truck get better milage than a 1/2 ton Gas truck?
Any help or info is appreciated.
Jeff

·
Registered
73 Posts
i know my real dad has a duramax, and my uncle has a chevy with a 6.0.......my uncle gets about 10 towing may my dad gets 12-14 depending on the load.......

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,163 Posts
If its an 04 find out the 8th number in the vin this will tell u wether it is an lb7 or lly engine 1 for lb7 and 2 for lly. my self i would rather have an lly they have better throtle response less problem issues and are easier to get performance out of IMO

Caleb

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Certainly go for the Dmax and not the gasser. You'll be much happier. More power, better fuel economy, and better resale value just to start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts