Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got truck back from shop( had new injectors, industrial injection torque lock injector cups, fleece cheetah 63 turbo and downpipe) i started the truck up and it puffed white smoke.( saturday) Driving it home from shop low coolant light came on. Started for work this morning and it puffed for about 10-15 mins. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
979 Posts
Can't quite help you mechanically but you called the shop?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I'm just trying to narrow it down myself

·
Registered
979 Posts
If i had to guess it would be something to do with the fuel system.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what the gm tech book said but I swear I smell sweet exhaust

·
Registered
979 Posts
Where is Aaron from LDS at a time like this????

·
Registered
852 Posts
Sounds like one of the new injector cups wasn't properly sealed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Even though there torque lock cups

·
Registered
852 Posts
They're only as good as the installer.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very true. I will call industrial tomorrow and ask them a few questions . Any other thoughts I want to explore all avenues of this problem

·
Registered
852 Posts
Don't know much about those particular cups, but it sounds too coincidental to not be the issue. Good luck with the shop, if it were me I would learn all I could about proper installation and troubleshooting before talking to them and maybe ferret out the facts that way.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would think it to be an improper install on one of the cups and that's why the coolant light is on, also the smell of sweet "white" smoke. Hope you get it all sorted out though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the help everyone I am open to all suggestions and help

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
im with the rest on a failed cup seal, it explains all your symptoms and should be covered by the shops warranty on install.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm confused about how the warranty would work because the shop sent my heads to industrial injection for the cups install

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
I also agree that the issue is an injector cup.

Odds are it's not sealed and coolant is leaking down into the cylinder while the truck sits. You should be cautious of hydro-locking the cylinder if this is the case. (And this pressurizes the cooling system when running)

If your mechanically inclined I suggest pulling the glowplugs and seeing if any are wet. If so, you narrowed it down to that cylinder. If not you may have to get a wrench or socket on the harmonic balancer bolt and turn the motor over slowly by hand to see which cylinder blows fluid out.

·
Registered
979 Posts
There he is ^^^ the man knows his stuff

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
I'm confused about how the warranty would work because the shop sent my heads to industrial injection for the cups install
That's between them and Industrial Injection. They will take care of it if they can prove that this is a warranty issue like a incorrect install. You have nothing to worry about. Every possible cause of this problem was replaced when the mechanic pulled the heads and did injectors.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.