Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GUYS,
I'M NEW TO DIESELS, AND I'VE READ ALOT ON THE DIFFERENT PROGRAMMERS. I HAVE A 06 GMC 4X4 2500HD LBZ ENGINE,ALLISON 6SPD,
FABTECH 6" LIFT,MAZZI 17X10 HULK WHEELS WITH PRO COMP 37X13.50X50/17 EXTREME ALL TERRAIN WHICH I PLAN ON DROPPING DOWN TO 35X12.50X50/17'S. THE TWO THINGS I PLAN ON DOING RIGHT OFF IS, GET A PROGRAMMER, AND MODIFY AIR INTAKE. I DON'T WANT TO DO ANY MOD'S TO THE TRANS UNTIL AFTER 100,000 MILES. I DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING TO VOID MY WARRANTY, THAT I CAN'T HIDE. EXHAUST MAY BE ANOTHER OPTION DEPENDING ON WARRANTY. I AM LOOKING AT PPE WITH ITS BOOST CONTROLLER,BUT I ONLY NEED ABOUT 120-150HP UNTIL I'M READY TO MODIFY MY TRANS.ANYWAY I COULD USE SOME HELP FROM MORE EXPERIENCED DIESEL OWNERS. THANKS,JK:rockin :help :fart

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
HEY GUYS,
I'M NEW TO DIESELS, AND I'VE READ ALOT ON THE DIFFERENT PROGRAMMERS. I HAVE A 06 GMC 4X4 2500HD LBZ ENGINE,ALLISON 6SPD,
FABTECH 6" LIFT,MAZZI 17X10 HULK WHEELS WITH PRO COMP 37X13.50X50/17 EXTREME ALL TERRAIN WHICH I PLAN ON DROPPING DOWN TO 35X12.50X50/17'S. THE TWO THINGS I PLAN ON DOING RIGHT OFF IS, GET A PROGRAMMER, AND MODIFY AIR INTAKE. I DON'T WANT TO DO ANY MOD'S TO THE TRANS UNTIL AFTER 100,000 MILES. I DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING TO VOID MY WARRANTY, THAT I CAN'T HIDE. EXHAUST MAY BE ANOTHER OPTION DEPENDING ON WARRANTY. I AM LOOKING AT PPE WITH ITS BOOST CONTROLLER,BUT I ONLY NEED ABOUT 120-150HP UNTIL I'M READY TO MODIFY MY TRANS.ANYWAY I COULD USE SOME HELP FROM MORE EXPERIENCED DIESEL OWNERS. THANKS,JK:rockin :help :fart
welcome to the forum..pics would be nice..i have a LBZ and all i did to it was a PPE tuner along with a CAI mod and a exhaust and with that i laid down 420rwhp/760rwtrq.heres a couple of links to the stuff i have,CAI mod http://www.pacificp.com/pdf/manuals/airbox_modification_LBZ.pdf now some guys wil fight me on this one but for what it costs it does a excellent job for me.Programmer Duramax HOT+2 LLY & LBZ Xcellerator 2006-2007 [LBZXCELHOT+2] - $929.79 : Pacific Performance Engineering, Diesel Performance Technolgies my stock trannys hate that thang but i plan on a stage IV tranny this winter w/t 1057 TC from Sun Coast.Exhaust for now i'm runnin the Magnaflow but it has caused some trouble so i'm switching to the 4" T/B Silverline with 5" tips ANSA Automotive: Silverline Exhaust Systems for the little extra go with the 304 SS verse any other..these are just my thoughts,so good luck to ya and it looks like your off to a good start..

·
Registered
680 Posts
On my lbz, so far I have done 5" t/b straight pipe fingure stick, blocker plate, and predator programmer on 85 hp, and cai mod to the intake. Planning on doing a little mod to trans for now(transgo jr kit). Until I have enough money to do a stage v from s/c. I would recommend the ppe programmer. I am going to sell my diablo, and get ppe hot +2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased the PPE Standard Xcellerator awesome programmer. When I got my PPE there was an airbox modification guide for stock airbox recommended by PPE that states will flow plenty of air for a large tuner or turbo upgrades check it out at www.pacificp.com:rockin

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
PPE can really make a Dmax run. Never had a complaint from anyone with one yet.

AS for exhaust, I like the turbo back MBRP kits, and on the LBZ running straight piped is stil pretty reasonable on noise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i would definately mod the exhaust before a performance inhancer. you need to get rid of the extra heat, mufflers and cats are just heat traps, that rob power and cause problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts